Friday, May 30, 2014

May Favorites!

Is it just me or does it feeling like this year is racing by way too quickly? It feels like just yesterday was my birthday and now it's June! This month I've been trying out a lot of new products and I've also brought out some old favorites! So without further ado let's get into my May Favorites!


My first favorite this month has been the Rimmel Stay Matte primer. Remember this post about primers? Well it was my lucky charm because right after I posted it I went and purchased this Stay Matte primer and I'm in love. It really mattifys well and I like the texture of the cream, it feels great on my skin: under foundation and on its own.

So I have finally jumped on the bandwagon... the beauty blender bandwagon that is. I held out for the longest time having little conversations with myself in Sephora, "Caitlin you don't need the Beauty Blender, you love the real techniques brush you have. Why do you need ANOTHER way to apply foundation?" this conversation usually worked. That is until I leveled up to a VIB which comes with 10% your purchase at Sephora. I caved and I am SO glad I did! This apples foundation beautifully and gives a flawless finish. It's also really fun to use, am I the only one who thinks that? Probably. Oh well I love it!

Since the seasons are a'changin I've switched up my blush to a more summery color! This MAC blush in Peachykeen is an oldie but a goodie. I've been using this blush even before I was really into makeup. It's a gorgeous coraly shimmery color that looks really pretty with my skin tone if I do say so myself!

Another old favorite is Benefit's They're Real Mascara. Everyone raves about this and I'm no exception. It separates and elongates my lashes, stays put and doesn't flake off! It is so long wearing that it is a bit difficult to get off but Benefit has even solved that problem by creating an eye makeup remover. I believe it launches in stores in June so I'll be interested to try it!

Next few products have been helping me wage war against my skin. I've been having a horrible time with acne this past month, which is really out of the ordinary. Even through high school I've always had pretty blemish- free skin so it's been a rough go this month!

I wouldn't have made it through without LUSH's Dark Angel's Charcoal Cleanser and the Origins Checks and Balances Frothy Face Cleaner. I use the Origins cleanser in the morning in the shower and Dark Angels at night for more of a deep clean and exfoliation. I think it has been working and I do see an improvement in my skin as I'm writing this.

Next in my skin care war is the Mario Badescu drying lotion. You dot this stuff on to any blemishes with a Q-Tip after you've cleaned and moisturized, right before bed, and it is supposed to dry them up! I purchased this closer to the end of the month so it may or may not have had a hand in clearing my skin but I enjoy it!
Drying Lotion

Last makeup favorite is the Dior Diorskin Nude BB cream. This applies really well with my beauty blender and it has a nice dewy finish. It has an SPF 10 which is great and combined with my normal daily moisturizer which has an SPF 30 I don't have to worry about my skin all day! I really like the packaging this comes in, and really with a Dior product am I really surprised I love it? Dior always has really sleek, high end looking packaging. This has the added bonus of coming with a pump and thats always a win in my book! I have the color Light 001.


My final favorite this month has been statement necklaces. For the longest time I just couldn't find necklaces I liked and stuck with very simple, understated, dainty jewelry. Boy did that change! This month they wasn't a statement necklace I came across that I didn't fall in love with! The one I've been reaching for the most often has been this gold collar-ish necklace with gold coins dangling from it from Forever 21. I think this looks great with a plain t-shirt but also really nice with a button down oxford as well. It's super versatile and I think it will be a favorite for longer than just May!


Bit of a rambley post today but gold star if you made it to the end! Hope you had a wonderful month of May!

No comments:

Post a Comment