Friday, May 2, 2014

What Do You Wear to a Matinée?

I turned 23 last week!!! April 25 of last week to be exact! For my birthday my parents took me to see The Book of Mormon in Boston. It's getting harder for me to dress for the theater these days, people have started dressing down and starting to look more like they are at a movie theater. Matinées are especially difficult because if you are going out shopping afterwards (there may have been shopping afterwards), you don't want to be TOO dressy but still need to be respectful of the production and actors. I went a bit more casual than I usually would, but it's not jeans!


I got most of this outfit at the J Crew Factory store at the outlets I work at, everything was half off! Being the New England girl that I am i could't resist these nautical anchor pants and this color block tee was just to good of a deal to leave. My coat is from DKNY that I actually picked up in Marshalls, my flats are Lucky Brand, and belt is from Target.

After the play, we were walking to the parking garage and a man behind me asked if I was a Delta Gamma, as I stared at him confused, he asked if i even knew what it was. Being semi familiar with the Greek scene I did, he proceeded to tell me the anchor is their emblem. I told him I wasn't a sorority girl, just a New England girl... who happens to really like anchor pants. Just a fun lil interaction for ya!

Now because a trip to Boston usually has a trip to Newbury St. and because it was my birthday there was a cheeky stop into Georgetown Cupcakes. AKA the most delicious pieces of heaven cakes!

mmmmhmmmmmmmm just looking at this picture makes me want more!! The play wasn't as great as we were expecting but I love being in Boston and had a great day! Here's to 23 being an amazing year!

No comments:

Post a Comment