Friday, October 31, 2014

Doe A Deer!

Hello Everybody! It's been awhile hasn't it? In the few months since I've blogged last, I have moved 3 times, written 3 midterms, gotten a new job, and have generally had an off computer life! Crazy how time flies huh? I thought i'd jump back into blogging with a halloween treat. I stumbled over this adorable deer tutorial on Pinterest maybe 3 days before halloween and it's surprisingly easy!



Above is my test run, seriously this look was shockingly easy!


and here's a selfie for good measure!


You'll need some sort of white cream base, I used an oil paint from the halloween store, not something I'd recommend as it is quite difficult to work with
bronzer
a contour color
black eye liner, I used gel liner
a brown lip liner
clear gloss
and finally some false lashes. The lashes are optional of course but i decided it was time to try new things and I have to say lashes are FUN!

Step 1: Use your white base and go over your eyes, nose, a bit of forehead, and the tops of your checks. On my test run i used my beauty blender and it wasn't as opaque as i wanted so the next day i tried my Real Techniques buffing brush. It was defiantly and improvement but i think my issue was with the product itself. 

Step 2: Use your bronzer on a large fluffy brush and go over the hollows of your checks, top of your forehead and temples

Step 3: Deepen the contour with a darker shade and add a slight contour to your nose

Step 4: Line your eyes with a thin line and bring it down a few cm out of the corner of your eye

Step 5: Arch the liner through the socket of your eye, creating an extreme cat flick and connect the line with the inner corner of your eye and the outer corner

Step 6: draw 2 lines down the sides of your nose and color in the tip

Step 7: Starting at the expanded line from the inner corner of your eye, make a curved line below your eye

Step 8: Add some mascara and if it pleases you some false lashes! Mine were pretty tame, I was doing this for work if i was going out i think i would want some more dramatic lashes.

Step 9: Add some white dots on your checks and forehead with your cream base

Step 10: Line your lips with a brown, I used a Rimmal scandal eyes eye shadow pencil, and smudge it out and add a clear gloss

Finally find yourself some antlers and your good to go! Hope you all like it!! 
What was everyone for halloween? It's one of my favorite holidays and i'm always looking for next years costume!


No comments:

Post a Comment