Thursday, March 27, 2014

Primer Problem

     I have been having the hardest time finding a primer that works for me. Sephora has been fantastic with letting me bring home samples to try. Nothing has done what i was hoping. I'm looking for something to control shine, hide pores, and fill lines. That's exactly what Maybelline's Baby Skin primer claims to do! I picked it up and i have to say i am really disappointed! This is supposed to be a dupe for Benefit's POREfessional and from how this looked on my skin i'm really hesitant to try Benefit's version.

       This is a silicone based primer so it should sit on top of the skin, blur the look of pores and fill in lines. Obviously I was all over this.... everything i want at a drug store price? Yes please!

       

         It comes out clear and looks as you would expect and it apples really smoothly and easily. I used the Baby Skin on half of my face after moisturizer and left the other half without. Here I am looking beautiful, pre- foundation!
      The right side of my face has the Baby Skin primer on it, the left just has my normal moisturizer.

         Here i am fully made up for the day. I'm wearing Make Up Forever's HD foundation in the shade 110, Revlon color stay concealer in porcelain (i think... whatever the lightest shade is is what i have), the Maybelline Dark Circle Eraser in the illuminating shade, Cargo's HD translucent finishing powder, and finally the L'Oreal Telescopic mascara.

         Finally, here I am at the end of the day. I went to the mall, out to lunch, and worked a 5 hour shift. There is no noticeable difference in the sides of my face in this picture, in real life I'm a bit shinier on the right side, my makeup actually wore better without being primed.
     
        Overall the Maybelline Baby Skin didn't fill in lines, control shine, or make my make up last longer. In fact my makeup did these things better without the primer on. It didn't work for me but many people have raved about it so i handed it off to my sister. Maybe she will have better luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment