Saturday, March 8, 2014

People These Days

           I have been working in retail for 6 years now. I started at Hollister Co. transferred to Abercrombie and now I'm working at a DKNY outlet. Through the years I've come across many different shoppers but last week a very special family came into the store.
       
          A family of Canadians came in, speaking French with so thick an accent I couldn't understand a word and I can speak a bit of French so I should have been able to talk to them. They spread out and took over the store trying things on, laughing, joking with each other. All if a sudden the dad and the little boy left, shortly after the mom and the rest of the family bought one sweater and also left. It was a little strange and we had expected a pretty big sale. A little while later my manager came up with a mop from the fitting rooms. What was he mopping up you ask? A spilt drink? Maybe some melted ice cream. But nope that would be expected. It was PEE! As in urine, as in this boy ( who looked about 12), decided that instead of leaving the store to do his business, he dropped trow and pee'd in our fitting room!! I don't think I have never been more disgusted. And I seriously hope that's not a thing I ever have to deal with again.... I mean the family just left, they didn't even let us know or apologize!      

        Retail workers seriously deal with some interesting people and we're doing it with a smile on our faces! Hope you enjoyed my little story, it probably won't be the last if it's kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment