Monday, April 21, 2014

NYX Butter Glosses

Ok people I think I may be in love.... with a lipgloss. Not just one though, an entire line of lip glosses! And as you can probably deduce from the title, they are the NYX butter glosses. I first purchased the Creme Brûlée shade from ULTA and from the moment it touch my lips I was hooked and had to grow the family. As of this post I am the proud owner of 5 shades: Creme Brûlée, Fortune Cookie, Peach Cobbler, Maple Blondie, and finally, Red Velvet.
These are the newest additions to the family I instagramed after purchase
These glosses really do live up to their name. They are super buttery and are extremely pigmented, not sticky at all and for a $6 gloss they last really well! The darker shades are almost like a lip stain in lasting time.
From top to bottom: Red Velvet, Peach Cobbler, Maple Blondie, Creme Brûlée, Fortune Cookie

From left to right: Fortune Cookie, Creme Brûlée, Maple Blondie, Peach Cobbler, Red Velvet
Now it isn't all sunshine and roses with these. Formulation wise i'm in love but I am not a huge fan of the Fortune Cookie color. I find it too pale and it really washes me out. I've been trying it over different lipsticks but because it is such a thick and creamy formula it really isn't working. But one out of five isn't bad right? I am really excited to grab some more colors and expand my little Butter Gloss family!

No comments:

Post a Comment